Team4You are delighted to be recruiting for a Assistant Quantity Surveyor on behalf of our award winning client in the construction industry. Due to the location of my client and their sites some travel may be required and a full UK driver’s license is essential.
The role will be based at my clients head office and the projects will involve a mixture of housing and commercial projects up to approx. £10m.
You will be required to carry out all Quantity Surveyors duties. Please note, the list below is not an exhaustive list but an example of your day to day responsibilities:
- Estimating various types of projects from first principals by conducting take offs, generating and evaluating subcontractor and material enquiries.
- Generate tender reports for evaluation by directors/senior commercial representatives
- Preparation of tender documentation for submission.
- Maintain all cost control procedures, and working within the guidelines set out within the policies and procedures
- Be responsible for the compilation of all weekly, monthly and quarterly reports as required.
- Be responsible for all cost control procedures, including managing and controlling the budget and valuations by always updating the estimated final costs.
- Maintain budget control throughout development; and manage cost overruns within contingency levels
- Complete accurate costing for each aspect of site development
- Analyse and report on costs and cash flow using the support systems available
- Prepare tenders and procure sub-contractors, goods and materials.
- Compile subcontractor recommendations for approval
- Process Subcontract orders, payments and variations, policy and procedures
- Evaluate and agree variations and instructions.
- Liaise with site personnel and subcontractors in order to maximise productivity
- Attend all project and team meetings as required.
- Be responsible for accurately controlling all commercial aspects and responsibilities.
- Complete any other duties as required by the Senior Surveyor/Commercial Manager
- Ensure compliance with company IT systems
To be successful in this role, we will be looking for:
- Highly numerate with good attention to detail.
- Strong IT skills with good knowledge of systems currently used within the industry (Microsoft Office, experience with Causeway Estimating is preferred)
- Strong communication skills
- Able to work on own initiative, with the drive to take ownership of projects
- Team player, and supportive of colleagues
Salary £25,000 – 30,000